Thursday, July 21, 2005

I Want to Fall In Love

I want to love Jesus more than I currently do. I want to give him everything I have, and all that I am. I do not want to love in merely a sentimental way. I want to love sincerely and truly, even when I am feeling tired, lazy, and far from sentimental. I want to be faithful to God even when it is painful and uncomfortable. I want to fall in love with the One who fell in love with me when I was conceived. I want to fall in love with the One who has the power to love perfectly even when I fail to love.

"Get this if you don't get anything else: The spiritual life begins with accepting God's wholehearted love for our wounded, broken, surly, frightened, sorry selves. There is no other starting point." -Brennan Manning

I'm trying to wrap my mind and heart around God's wholehearted love for my wounded, broken, surly, frightened, sorry self.

Please pray with me:

Lord Jesus, sustain all Christians in our daily journey of faith. Give us the grace to accept your wholehearted love for us . Remember that we are slow to believe, and strengthen our faith. Teach your paths to all those who seek the road to life.

Amen

3 comments:

amy said...

this is very interesting because i just stumbled across your blog yesterday through jesse - and then i was listening to donnell's testimony from 1999 and i believe he mentioned your name and a youth camp that you do - very crazy! anyways i am also a PE teacher (without a school or job of course) -anyways nice blog!!!!

Daniel Newville said...

Yep, that was me he mentioned. Donnell and I used to be great friends. I miss him. He's a good guy. And Jesse and I have been friends since we were 12 years old.

Jesse said...

well, technically, you were 12 and I was 11. still playing catch up...which i do every year for 2 sweet days, only to be left behind again. alas.