Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Criminal Justice and Other Stuff

This morning I heard a commercial for a company that specializes in career training. The commercial stated that "criminal justice is one of the fastest growning careers in the United States." I thought this was a sad and frightening statement. Why is everyone going to jail? I pray that I never go there.

I recently saw a "stand-up comedy act" where a famous "comedian" (I didn't find him very funny) made fun of everyone who has religious beliefs. It was clear that not only was he an athiest but he is angry with those of us who believe. Why so angry? I am not angered by his lack of belief. I pray that he will believe someday but there's no need to be angry over what people believe. He was basically saying that anyone who believed in God or the Bible are complete fools. While I support his right to decide that for himself, he cannot make that decision for others. We all need to decide this for ourselves.

If one chooses to believe in God it should affect the way one lives his life. If it has no impact on his life, then his belief is no different than the devil's belief. The devil believes in God more than any of us do since he has seen and spoken to God. To believe in God should result in a love for God. To believe in God should result in total surrender of our lives to God. Treating God like an encyclopedic fact (division is one of the four functions of mathematics) and nothing more is not faith, and does very little good.

No comments: