Friday, November 11, 2005

God and Basketball

Basketball started today. My team is sweet and the guys on it are not only great athletes but they are great guys too. I don't know too many teachers/coaches who can say that they really enjoy being around their kids but I honestly can say that I do.

I had such a great day today. I got to go to the chapel for Adoration twice today. I wasn't really in the mood to go but once there I decided to make the most of it and really am thankful for all that God has done for me.

I went to the chapel with my religious education class. I hope my students are learning to love and appreciate God more. I pray that they would have eyes to see and ears to hear the truth and the Gospel. I pray that they convert more deeply and surrender more of their lives to their Father in Heaven.

I sometimes feel like I bore them out of their minds. Please, Lord, don't let me be a hindrance to them. Please don't let me be in the way. Don't let me bore them with useless information and encyclopedic facts. Instead allow me to be an instrument of your love, your hope, and your grace. Let them see their hunger and their thirst for you and respond freely. Help me to convince them that you are a great treasure worth having.

Please don't let me feel like all my efforts are in vain and that I am a failure at reaching out to others with your truth and your love. Please don't let me get discouraged and hyper-critical. Please don't let me focus on how badly or how well I teach them. Instead, let me look to you in all things for what I need and for what I need to do. Fill me with more of the Holy Spirit so that I may be attentive to you and to what you are doing.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be. World without end, Amen.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

talking about teaching reminded me: did you ever give that multiple choice test we once discussed?