Thursday, June 07, 2007

Prayer Requests

I had to take my mom to the ER today because she has been terribly sick all week. Not sure what is wrong with her. She was admitted to the hospital due to numerous infections. I am no doctor so I can't really put this in medical terms. The best I can describe it is that she is falling apart. Please pray for her.

My mom is the sweetest human being I've ever known. Very compassionate, loving person. Great sense of humor. Amazing mother. I am not ready to let her go yet. Pray not only for my mom, but also for me that I will not be so selfish.

While I was in the ER waiting for my mom, a patient arrived in an ambulance. Her family was waiting in the waiting room and they were really upset and troubled. Their sister was brought in for an overdose. I prayed ten Hail Mary's for their sister and asked our Blessed Mother to intercede for her and for her family. Please keep them in your prayers as well. One of the family members was so upset she was shaking and crying out to God, promising to get her life straightened out. I had a moment of compassion while in the midst of worrying for my mom. I hope they are doing well tonight.

3 comments:

Jesse said...

Just checking to see how your mom is doing...Ronni and I are continuing to pray.

Anonymous said...

hey mr.newville,
i've had you and your mom in my prayers and i'm sure that God will take care of you both, he knows what he's doing =) i hope you are enjoying your summer! and i have been working on my outside shot, by next year i will be a pro! thanks for everything you've done this year, you are an amazing teacher
-Caroline Wright

Anonymous said...

Everything Caroline said but even more so. You have helped everyone of us with your humor and wisdom. Thank you for a great year.

,Paul